Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tom&Tommy

This weekend, TJ got to meet his namesake: Rob's dad, Tom Glade. When we were discussing names for Baby Glade, we both wanted to use a name with family signifigance. Neither of us remember who first suggested Thomas as a name, but we came up with the idea early on, and it was always high on our list. By the time he was born, we had it narrowed down to about 2 or 3 names. The final decision ended up being pretty easy: we wanted him to have a name that he could be proud of, to be named after someone he could always look up to, and to have a name that could always be spelled and pronounced easily. Thanks for letting us use your name, Tom!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

when are you going to tell your labor and delivery story? You mentioned it was interesting.

Hedderg said...

Have I told you that I LOVE that you named him Thomas? Well if I haven't I LOVE IT! Tom Glade is the most amazing man I know, so I think you attained your goal!

Katie said...

Becky and I were just saying today that we couldn't wait to see Tom and Tommy together. TJ is already looking older, i can't wait to come help you with the cute problem.

Nancy said...

I love family namesakes (we did the same thing with our DJ, Danny boy). It does mean a lot to have your first born son to have someone they can become.