Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Terminator

It's still early here, and yet it's already one of those days. TJ has thus far: stuck a whole sheet of postage stamps on the cabinet door, dumped a bag of brown sugar all over the floor, torn up a pattern I foolishly left on the table, pulled the lid off his sippy cup and dumped milk all over the floor, OPENED the dishwasher (this is a new one) and shattered the bowl found therein, got the garbage can open and tipped it over (yes, the same garbage can where I had just put all the broken glass, which I then cleaned up a second time), then proceeded to eat the garbage (really, this is almost a daily occurrence), broke yet another DVD, and one of my knitting needles. Where was I during all this? Cleaning up the previous mess. All I've done is run from one disaster to another, change wet/sticky clothes, and dunk TJ in the bath. I'm thinking about licensing him to the military as a weapon of mass destruction. The only problem is that he's so effective, I'd never get him back. And I don't really want my baby being sent off to Afghanistan.

So here is a funny video of one of the cute, non-destructive things he's doing lately. This video is more for me than anyone else; I need a reminder of why I keep him.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

an army of toddlers would stop the war, that is a definate.

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

WOW, I'm so sorry! Maybe it pays to live in a Very small apartment where you can close off all the doors, have no dish washer and baby proof every cabinet.
Good luck!

The Grames Clan said...

I SO feel for you. We call the twins "destructo-bots"--no room is the same once they enter it :). Can't wait until the weather is nicer and I can "send them outside" :).

Joe and Emily said...

You'd think he would have eaten the brown sugar instead of the trash. :) I think the military might need the mothers too, though, because we become quite the clever strategists as we invent new ways (every day) to counteract the terminators.

Christine Porter said...

We used to call Jacob and Ryan the "Terror Twins" after they dumped an entire bottle of pink shampoo on the carpet, painted my shoes with nail polish and put colored paper on the floor and poured water on it to see the color leach into the carpet all in one week . . . . sigh

Kristin Butler said...

He is SO cute! Cherish these moments he'll grow up so fast, but it only gets better. Mel, happy early Birthday!