Saturday, February 20, 2010

Crafty February

My friends have kept busy, so I've been making lots of baby stuff for them. I love making itty-bitty things. It's so fun. I was really thrilled with how this blanket turned out. The last time I worked with minky was a disaster, and I learned my lesson the hard way. This time I used fabric glue and loads and loads of pins to keep the minky from slipping all over while I sewed. I particularly loved the mitered corners (thank you Burda tutorials) and the Henry Alexander bias strip. Plus, it's yummy soft.

Here is a baby girl set I knit. I wanted a jacket that would transition into Spring, and this Hadley Fierlinger pattern was perfect.

Another baby girl jacket. This is a Debbie Bliss pattern, but I modified it by adding the cabling along the ribbing band. This was SO easy to knit. Pattern can be found here. It's also included in this book, which is fantastic.

This is the funnest little bubble/pencil skirt from the January Burda pattern magazine. I don't feel like the pictures really do it justice; the dark navy wool doesn't photograph all that well.

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good heavens, you are a crafting maven. I need to come visit and see if some of that pixie dust rubs off on me.

Em said...

oh wow! i am in LOVE with that skirt. gorgeous. and the links you sent in the email are so fab. were they hard to sew?

Christine Porter said...

When I grow up I want to be just like you! I'm so impressed to see what you accomplish. Thanks so much for sharing!

Amy said...

Hey Mel. My gosh. You are so talented. Addi loves her minky-dot blankies, and wears them out super-fast. I will have to order one from you. Hope all is well.
Amy

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

I'm so impressed! If I have another girl, I might have some requests!
Nice work!

Nancy said...

The ever impressive Idahoan. (that's you Mel)

Ashley Mackay said...

I love EVERYthing you make. And I NEED that pattern for that skirt. I hope I can find that magazine somewhere.