Monday, July 28, 2008

Unprecedented


I don't think we have ever before seen a movie on opening weekend, let alone two in a row! Last weekend, we went to Batman. It was awesome. Heath Ledger will have you cringing in your seat, and Christian Bale is great. 9.5/10 for sure.



Then, THIS weekend we went to the X-files (I've been really excited about this one). It was a very satisfactory trip down the X-files memory lane. Many thanks to my sweet husband, who is not an X-files fan, but came to the show with me anyways (note: the show does not require familiarity with the TV series; and although many references to the characters's pasts are made--which the fan will enjoy--the new viewer will not be lost). Definitely a satisfying flick. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

I guess we're just trying to get all of our movie-going in before Baby Glade arrives. That, and it's too darn hot to do ANYTHING on a saturday afternoon EXCEPT attend a nice air-conditioned matinee.

7 comments:

Teflon_Jeff said...

You saw the X-files movie? I for one am shocked. Absolutely shocked.

Yes, once kids come along, it's much harder to make it out to the movies. Glad you liked them, though.

Natasha said...

When the baby is little, go to LOTS of movies with him/her. You can nurse (if you are going to do that) very well in the dark with no one watching you and while the baby is little, he/she will sleep through the movie! I saw MANY a movie with Gavin when he was a "newborn"

kristin said...

i agree, newborn movie going is quite convenient. they mostly sleep and eat, which are great activities for the theater. i hear the dark night is a must see, but, do i have to see batman forever first is my question??!!

Mel Glade said...

NO, you DO NOT have to see Batman Forever first. There are, of course, vague references made to the character's pasts, but nothing that will interfere with your enjoyment of the show, and nothing that you can't figure out easily (ie, "oh, they used to date, he still loves her, etc etc).

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Are you planning on going to Justin's over labor day. I know it will be getting closer to your own "labor" day, but it would be great to see you all. We're planning on it.

Rustiroo said...

We just saw Dark Knight. I couldn't believe how intense it was the entire time. I definitely agree on your rating. ;)
Paul and I are huge X-File fans. Maybe I should try and kidnap him from reality to go see it before it hits DVD. ;)

Sarah said...

Hey Mel, I just saw the new X-Files movie a couple weeks ago and you know what's funny. I couldn't stop thinking about YOU! I remembered that you were a huge fan. So I have one question about the movie. At one passing moment, Mulder and Scully refer to thier son. Did they have a love child? When was that? I thought they never actually hooked up.
P.S. I read you blog every once in a while to stay informed about your life. Congrats on the growing baby!
Love ya,
Sarah (Ahlander)