Friday, March 7, 2008

Chasqui and a Snow Day






We woke up this morning to snow. In Arkansas. In March. It was really quite beautiful. Being from Idaho, I thought little to it and went off to work, as usual. The streets were strangely deserted. As was the office building. I had to unlock the doors myself (I have never before needed to use my key), and went to work. No one else showed up. A little strange. Apparently, when the Little Rock School District sees fit to cancel school, local businesses follow suit. I was informed of this about 10AM, and off I went home. I had a great day off, taking the opportunity to make soup with the left over turkey, scrubbing my bathroom from top-to-bottom (I've virtually given up all housecleaning since getting pregnant- if the smells of the cleaner don't make me puke, the motion will-- but the morning sickness finally seems to be receeding, a little), and playing in the snow with Chasqui. He loves the snow, and is so funny in it. He leaps through it, eats it, rolls in it, and attacks it, snorting snow up his nose, and then sneezing and choking on it. We had a fun time. And Rob even got home early! What a day! Hooray for snow!

2 comments:

Aaron and Kalle said...

What kind of place just takes the day off for snow. If anywhere in the west took off for snow, we would have all winter off. That would be really nice. Mel, what kind of dog do you have? His/Her coat is beautiful.

Mel Glade said...

Chasqui is a retired racing greyhound. We adopted him straight off the Memphis track. He started as a little parasite, but now has grown into an alien dog, but we soon hope he will become a real a baby.