Monday, October 5, 2009

1.800.222.1222

This is the number of the Poison Control Center. Every parent should have this number. If you don't already have it on your fridge or cabinet or programmed into your phone, take a moment to do so now. TJ gave me a scare today when I found him chewing on the child-proof lid of a pill bottle, the empty bottle clutched in his little fist. Remember the joke about how if you can't get a child-proof lid to open, just ask a little kid to do it for you? Apparently true. A quick perusal of the area left 3 pills unaccounted for. The nice people at the Poison Control Center assured me that he would have a bad tummy ache, but would be otherwise fine (I later found two of the missing three pills; I hope the dog ate the missing one, as I'd rather him have a tummy ache than TJ).

2 comments:

Joe and Emily said...

Yes! I totally agree. A couple of months ago I had just changed Lizzie's diaper and I was turning to a book to look up symptoms for teething (it had been a long day). I turned back to Lizzie and found her eating our sample diaper rash ointment like it was a go-gurt. We called poison control and they reassured us she should be fine since she didn't consume that much. Still, it was one of those moments when you realize kids can and will find everything they're not supposed to.

Nancy said...

i much prefer that the dog has a tummy ache as well.