Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday TJ!!!

Yesterday was TJ's 1st birthday.
I can't hardly believe he's one, and I can't hardly believe how different everything is now than it was a year ago. The past year has been a crazy one, but it's also been one of the happiest ones ever. TJ is such a pleasure. I'm so happy he's mine!

But... at what point do I need to stop referring to him as "the baby"?

Grandma and Grandpa Glade and Great-Grandpa Compton drove down from Wichita to spend TJ's special day with him. Here he is unwrapping his first gift with dad's help. What could it be?




Grandma and Grandpa's gift was so fun to climb and play on top of, it was almost a shame to open it and wreck the fun.



I made TJ a carrot cake for his birthday. I think he liked it:



3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy birthday to your little one!! It is hard to know when to stop calling them 'the baby,' once I figure it out I suppose I will have to tell you. What a fun party that little guy had!

Kathryn said...

With Lilly there came a time when we looked at her and realized that she wasn't a baby anymore. She was a toddler. As long as it feels "right" call him your baby. Maybe when he learns to talk he'll tell you, as my nephew told his parents, "I not a baby." Then you'll know.
Glad you gave him cake. Make sure he knows I'm the cool aunt who advocated sugar for the birthday boy.

Kathryn said...

p.s. Spencer says he wants the garbage can back. Is that still the same one?