Monday, August 24, 2009

Upwards

Climbing is TJ's newest obsession. He climbs up the stairs. I go get him. He climbs up the stairs again. I go get him. He climbs
Well, you get the picture.
Last week he actually did learn how to climb DOWN the stairs; the problem is that he can't remember to turn around and go down backwards without me helping him, so he still sits at the top and SCREAMS for help... So even though he can climb down them, I still have to run up the stairs over and over and over again all day long. *sigh* At least I'm burning extra calories...

Then, he started climbing on top of his toy box. It's not too high, so I figured it would only kind of hurt when he fell off. The couch was next in his climbing pursuits.

Then I found this:

I wasn't real pleased, but he was so proud of himself, and screamed so loud when I took him down, I decided to let it be. When I turned around about 2 minutes later, this is what I saw:



When he started stepping onto the shelves, I put down the camera and ended this game. Oh, the tears!

With all these shinanigans, it's a good thing we've finished the master bathroom. I can sure use a long calming bath some evenings.

3 comments:

Em said...

he really is charlie's kindred best buddy. they are exactly the same! it's crazy. just a few months behind. a tip for going down the stairs: just everytime you go up there to turn him around, say turn around, turn around, over and over. then eventually he'll associate the phrase with turning around and you can just say it instead of always helping. then eventually they don't need even the phrase.

Nancy said...

beautiful bathroom. I am jealous. stairs are made just for burning calories, I am convinced.

Kathryn said...

I looked at this post when it was new, but didn't comment. What a cute boy you have. I'm sure he and Lilly will teach Madeline all sorts of bad tricks.