Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kansas, Sedgwick Zoo & Some Catch-Up

We've spent the past week in Kansas visiting with Rob's parents. TJ has had a total blast demonstrating all of the ways in which Grandma's house is NOT baby-proof.

Rob and TJ have spent some really good time together, too. This is one of my favorite faces TJ is making lately (sorry, honey; I caught you mid-blink).
This is my younger sister, Natalie, baby-sitter extraordinaire who made getting my tonsils out a much less stressful experience by taking such good care of TJ. Thanks for a great job, Natalie!!!

We took TJ to the zoo on Tuesday. As we drove there, we wondered if he would just be miserable, or if he would like the animals. He LOVES the dog, so we figured there was a good chance he'd like it. Boy, did he ever.

Did this giraffe pose for us, or what? I love this picture.

This tiger cooperated nicely by sitting right in front of TJ and letting us all admire his beautiful coloring. I hope he wasn't dreaming of Baby Thigh a la mode... TJ wouldn't make much of a lunch.
The elephants were also a huge hit (elephants are one of my favorites). As we watched the elephants, I told TJ about how he has visited the elephants before. He was much smaller then.






This is the Keeper of the Plains monument in downtown Wichita, located at the convergence of the Big and Little Arkansas Rivers. Although much smaller than the Arkansas River as we are accustomed to it in Little Rock, it's still beautiful. We enjoyed our jaunt to the monument, and I learned some good history about the Plains tribes that once lived here. I always enjoy an area so much more when I know something of it's past.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Kansas, Josh just applied to a job out there.

Jon + Kat said...

He looks just like you! Your sister is gorgeous! When did she grow up?!