Sunday, August 3, 2008

My O My O Elephant!

This weekend we visited Riddles Elephant and Wildlife Sanctuary. Elephants in Arkansas. Who knew? Despite how blasted hot it was, we enjoyed seeing the Asian and African elephants. Pretty cool stuff.




After leaving the elephants, we continued to drive North to Blanchard Springs Caverns. We took an hour and 45 minute tour of the caverns. We had a great guide, and learned alot about the formation of caverns, general geology, and some Arkansas history. The caverns were much more lovely than the pictures can do justice to.




And finally, my big achievement recently has been canning peaches. And they all sealed! Aren't the beautiful? I was really proud of myself, and am looking forward to eating delicious local Arkansas peaches all winter long.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ta da! The peaches look lovely. Save some for me.

Em said...

delish! where'd you get the peaches to can?