Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mail Call

Dear Secret Admirer,
I'm so sorry we missed you! We were out of town last week buying a house in our soon-to-be home-town, Edmond, Oklahoma. I returned home to find a small pile of very finely shredded... well, I'm not really sure what it was, littered all across my doorstep. The elements, and something with very small sharp teeth (squirrel? possum? mouse?) had reduced it to a messy pile. I could, however still read the name label: To Melanie & Son.
I'm distressed to not only not know your identity, but also that your thoughtfulness was eaten by creatures. Whoever you are, consider yourself thanked for your kind gesture. And allow me to offer thanks on behalf of whatever rodent found my present. I'm sure he/she enjoyed it.
Oh, and we bought a pretty sweet house.
Love Melanie and Son

1 comment:

Joe and Emily said...

So funny. No, it wasn't me. Do we get to see pics of the smashing new home?