Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catching Up


Lately life runs in a series of bursts and lulls. There are the daily bursts, between naps, when I have 5 things to get done and the time for 3; then there are the napping lulls, where, again, I run around trying to get everything done.
Mostly we're just busy making lots and lots of decisions:
What car to buy? (Honda CR-V; we love it)
When to buy a house? June, we hope.
When to move? Uhm, still working on that exact date.
What to do with Rob's time off?
What vacuum should I buy?
Should I get my tonsils out? Yes. Yikes!
Can I coordinate running a race (at least a half-marathon, hopefully a full) somewhere in the midst of all this? Not looking likely just because I can't find one on a Saturday that's within a reasonable traveling distance.
So that's a brief sampling of what's been up with us.
TJ is doing so great. I'm not sure when crawling can be "officially" declared; but he is propelling himself forward across the carpet several feet at a time. Is it a crawl? Yes. A little unorthodox? Yes. Does he get where he wants to? Yes. Does he find all the things his mother wishes he wouldn't? Yes. *Sigh*
Okay. Enough talk. Picture time:
I suppose it's never too early to start dismantling the remote:
And the weather has been lovely, so we've been playing outside alot lately. TJ is fascinated with the different textures of the earth; grass, leaves, dirt, gravel... He rubs his feet and legs in it and laughs. Grass he rips up by the handful and tries to shove in his mouth.

He keeps trying to take the spoon when I'm feeding him. Sometimes I let him, but he inevitably starts to cry when there's no food forthcoming. So sometimes I just have to give him TWO spoons to hold--that way he can't grab the one I'm using to feed him with.
I love that he's getting so good at independent play... even while I'm sad that he's getting so big so fast...
TJ LOVES the dog. When I take TJ and Chasqui both for a walk--no mean feat, might I add-- TJ LOVES it. He laughs at the dog...
... and laughs...
... and laughs...
Cheese!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I would have thought the tonsils out would put a nix on the running! Ouch! Yeah for a new car, and contemplations of a new house, so you are staying in Arkansas then forever? I love my Dyson vacuum had for almost a year and sucks beautifully still. What diapers do you use? I am thinking we might switch to cloth sometime soon and am doing my research.
Also, my Danny is also pre-programed for dogs! I took my sis's dog with us a jog (which was a handful) and Danny thought it was the best run we had ever been on!

kristin said...

oh well...he is just edible! we miss you guys..