Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And Thus It Begins

Trouble is coming. BIG trouble. Look what TJ can do:


Sorry the pictures are so blurry, but he rocks back and forth so madly, it's hard to even get a picture. It's taken me all morning long just to get these, even though he must have pushed himself up onto all fours at least 50 times since breakfast. Crawling is imminent.



Yes. He is wearing a Supergirl diaper. Because I figure that it's never too early for him to learn that chicks are tough. And cool.

And he's just so darn proud of himself.
And me? No, I'm not really ready for him to crawl. He's barely 6 months old. He doesn't even have teeth yet. Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? Not that there's anything I can do about it.
I am amazed by him.

7 comments:

Amy said...

you'r in trouble now! my last 2 crawled by 7 months. Now the real work starts. It's amazing what they can get into.

Jon + Kat said...

I'm feeling for you! Sevy didn't crawl until nine months and Teik started at 7. I'm dying! He's now trying to stand up on things. your house will never be the same once he's mobile!

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Mel, Jessica says that we use Bum Genius, Happy Heiny, Bamboozles, Lovey Bum Wool Covers, and Fuzzy Bunz. Some friends of ours even make their own. There's a girl in our ward that I call the "Cloth Diaper Evangelist," who goes around educating people about products.

My feelings on cloth diapers are somewhat mixed. I wonder as I'm washing out Luke's rather adult-sized messes, if it's worth the effort. Certainly, it saves money and has been better on the children's skin.

What kind of detergent do you use? It has been a challenge finding one that cleans well without leaving an odor.

We should get together before you move. If you'd be up for it, let me know. I talked to your Mom on the phone about it recently.

Hope you, Rob, and TJ are doing well!

Great to hear from you,
Jared and Jessica

Kathryn said...

I'm not sure what made me smile more--the cow print diaper covers, or him getting ready to crawl. Ha!

corinnep said...

The fun is just beginning but enjoy. After they learn to crawl they walk and then you can take them hiking and skiing!!!

Teflon_Jeff said...

Are you saying you're going to put a cart on your child? Seems so wasteful to not utilize all that movement. ;)
BTW, Welcome to the wonderful world of Baby gates.

Unknown said...

Hi...I am one of Jessica Bernotski's very bestest friends and I ran across a comment you left on her blog....and I noticed that you said you were getting your tonsils out. I am 30 and just got them out. I would say DON"T DO IT. I'd be more than happy to tell you all about it. I've been DOWN for over 2 weeks and it was the worst. Just wanted to give you the head's up.
-Elizabeth (elizabethbjensen@yahoo.com)