Sunday, February 15, 2009

What We Do Now


So it's been quite a while since I've posted; I've just been content to let Rob post a barrage of TJ pictures periodically, to keep our family viewers satiated. And I know that it may come as a bit of suprise to anyone who's been keeping track of the blog, but Rob and I do still have interests outside of TJ. Okay, well maybe not many, but I haven't lost my entire personality to motherhood: I HAVE however, lost most of my free-time to motherhood. Rob's job has been especially demanding lately, and so even though he never had much free-time to begin with, he now has even less. So if our blog makes us look like boring parents who are obsessed with their beautiful baby... well, we're guilty as charged with the obsesssion part; but we're not boring. Rob had a birthday this week, albeit a crappy one (he worked 6AM until almost 9PM)-- but I did make him a fancy-pants devil's food cake. I hope it somewhat lessened the pain of another miserable day:
I've been busy myself, mostly getting ordered about by the Boss, but getting crafty during his nap-times. I've pulled my poor old Singer sewing machine out of storage, and have been sewing away like a mad woman, working on all sorts of projects (saving the planet one recycled-wool soaker at a time, ha ha ha). My time in the kitchen has also become more interesting, as a fine layer of baby cereal now covers most surfaces (this stuff doesn't wipe up well!). I can't imagine how it gets everywhere. Can you?
Okay, so maybe we are boring parents who are obsessed with their baby. But may I present the following pictures as proof that we're justified? I think you'll agree that our lives are going to a good cause at the moment.






3 comments:

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

Hey, I cant blame you! He is a doll! Cant wait to meet him in Florida. Ps: So glad you didn't infest yourself in GA last week! Good decision not to come join us! Must be mothers intuition!

Kathryn said...

Lilly liked the videos. And she remembers you and Rob and Chasqui.

Nancy said...

Justified. The cute sweater is to die for.