Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting Kicked, Sweating it Out

In the quest for a more balanced workout routine (we--TJ, BabyJogger and I-- run MWF, so I needed good TTh options), I've been doing a whole ton of DVD's. Here are the ones that have made me sore for at least 2 days after:

REALLY different muscles than I'm used to using. Well done, too.
Jillian Michaels is a refreshing trainer. I do alot of Denise Austin --and I really like Denise Austin-- but sometimes I get tired of a perky little blonde telling me, "If you don't squeeze it no one else will".
This Ballet Conditioning is especially intense for a leg workout. What a BURN! I love it. I couldn't walk down stairs after the first time I did it.
Denise Yoga isn't really real yoga, but she does incorporate yoga elements. I really like this DVD. I've had this one since college, and still like it. It's only 30 minutes, so I can do this one, and do a 20 minute circuit with Jillian Michaels. Perfect.
Now, if TJ will just keep taking nice long naps, I *might* be able to fit back into my jeans someday...

1 comment:

Beattie Family said...

This is great timing, I've been doing workouts from exercisetv's website and have needed something else too. I have two other Denise Austin DVDs, and I agree completely with your review:) 'Burn that butter!' I think I'll probably test out the ballet ones, I'd love to do something like that again. Thanks for the tips...