Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Nightmare Before Christmas Returns

So a few days ago, I got a letter from Avis car rental. I dropped it on my kitchen counter, didn't open it for a few days, didn't think much of it.
Yeah, it's an accident form, wanting details of how the damage to our rental car occurred. I called Avis, really confused, because there was no accident. The accented, bored and entirely unhelpful, somewhat rude phone attendant (who in all fairness has no reason to be all that excited about her job and probably makes minimum wage) told me just to fill out the blanks on the form. When I told her that there had been no accident, she said "just note that on the form, and we'll take it into consideration during our investigation".
Avis is claiming that there is damage to the front hood and bumper. Seeing how the rental car spent the weekend parked facing in at the Houston Plaza Hilton parking garage (yeah, remember the part of the story where I thought I had locked myself out of the car because I had forgotten I told Rob to drop them at the front desk? Hence I sat in a hotel lobby frantically calling locksmiths instead of perusing the Galleria Mall as planned-- I'm still crying in my rootbeer about this), I'm more than a little confused about how that could happen.
I can't help but wonder how long this trip to Houston is going to haunt us...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Maybe it's a sign that you're not supposed to go there!

Nancy said...

bureaucracy.