Thursday, January 22, 2009

beaUTAHful

This past weekend, Rob attended a medical course in Salt Lake City. Being unable to pass up the opportunity to see friends and family--all while staying in a swanky hotel--TJ and I snuck into his suitcases... Okay, we didn't really hide in the baggage. Even though TJ would fit, I doubt he'd much enjoy the ride.
We kept busy while Rob was at his lectures. TJ and I made the rounds, and visited alot of family. It was great to catch up and see everybody.
Once Rob was done, we took advantage of the hotel's pool, met up with some friends, and watched TJ cautiously splash about.





After working up an appetite in the pool, we joined some friends in cooking--and then eating-- a fabulous Thai dinner.


We then drove to Provo to surprise Rob's grandpa Compton. He had not yet met TJ. This is a picture of his face as he came around the corner and saw Rob standing in Katie's kitchen.
TJ had a good talk with his great-grandpa-- although the conversation did tend to be a little one-sided. I'll let you guess who did most of the talking.



TJ was even nice enough to let his Aunt Katie tend him while Rob and I went skiing. We had a great time, but were relieved to lay TJ down in his own crib last night-- albeit LATE last night. He tolerated the severe disruptions to his schedule like a rock star. We kept him out partying (ooo, here I go admitting to what a bad mom I am) until almost midnight on multiple occasions, and he only had one melt-down the entire trip. He did choose to have said melt-down in the Patagonia Outlet, but I think Rob is secretly thankful for this as my shopping spree was brought to an abrupt halt and probably saved at least a couple hundred dollars.

This morning as I checked Chasqui out the kennel I think I heard an audible sigh of relief. Now we just have to get him to forgive us: Chasqui has spent 23 of the last 35 days at the kennel. He is not impressed. And thus our travelling streak comes to an end. Utah was TJ's 7th state (he's not yet 4 months old!), last night he was on his 15th airplane, and his mother feels 5 years older than she did at the beginning of December.

We are happy to be home for a while.

2 comments:

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

Your little guy is so stinkin cute!!!

Kathryn said...

Looks like way too much fun. And I want some of your Thai dinner. Lilly still misses PJ and talks about going to see him.