Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Other Man In My Life

Forgive me if TJ has a tendency to dominate my blog (hey, I know he's the REAL reason anyone ever checks this thing). But today's post is dedicated to the other man in my life, my sweet husband, Rob. Today is our anniversary. Looking back over the past three years (THREE years? Really? Surely it hasn't been that long?), I have to say I would make the same decision again: Marrying you is by far the most clever thing I have ever done.

We maybe should have picked a warmer day, though. What I remember MOST about that morning is how darn COLD is was...

And I was trying to be beautiful for posterity (as were you), so we neither of us had coats. Silly, silly, silly.

But that lapse of error in judgement aside,

THANKS for the best three years of my life.
I am so lucky to have married my best friend, who is always willing to play with me,

who will help me rise to any height, hike any trail,

explore bizzare backwoods neighborhoods,

and not so bizzare or backwoods tourist attractions,

be pleasant when I make a TERRIBLE error in judgement about the length of a trail,

travel to exotic locales,

and absord the spendour of the world with.

There's no one I'd rather walk through fire with,


walk the world with,


climb through the jungle with,
explore ancient wonders, and now raise a child with. I'm looking forward to where the next year takes us.
I LOVE YOU!!!

6 comments:

{irene} said...

These are the cutest pictures ever!!...Happy 3 years!

Em said...

what great photos. happy anniversary! we'll gladly watch tj so you can go on an anniversary date. call me.

Em said...

to acadia, of course...

Kathryn said...

Ah, this almost made me tear up. Nicely written, Mel. And good job on picking her, Rob. Congrats on three wonderful years.

Nancy said...

That has certainly been an adventure filled three years! Congratulations. What a blast marriage has turned out to be!

kristin said...

I LOVE your wedding pictures, what an adorable couple you two are...and now a threesome! Congrats on 3 years, and wow what an adventure.

I suppose I will forgive you for cancelling your date with me to go hang out with your hubby on your anniversary:)