Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Joining the Blogging Community

So whenever someone asks me why we don't have a blog (and you'd be suprised how often this question gets asked), I always use our classic excuse of "we don't have kids, so there's nothing interesting for us to blog about. Who wants to see pictures of just us?". Well, since there is now a diminishing window of time during which I'll be able to use that line, I decided I had better get in a little practice. So here goes. The Glades have a blog!
I guess our first big news, already alluded to above, is that we are expecting. September 23rd (or the 24th, depending on which doctor's office we ask). We are, of course, very happy.
In other news, Rob is getting ready to take his boards in April, and hence is very busy. Add to that the various research projects and papers that he's got going, on top of an already very busy work schedule, and it makes for one very stressed husband. This leaves me with lots of time to fill. I've been fairly sick with the pregnancy-related naseau and vomitting, so I've been happy to lay on the bed and read. To this end, I am attempting to read the entire Dresden Files in under a month. Can I do it? So far, the answer looks like a "yes".

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi there. I tried to make my blog look cool, but to no avail. I admit to being soundly beaten by the computer.

Beattie Family said...

Congratulations! on both your new baby in the making and the birth of your new blog. Now you're really going to have to call me so we can both moan about being sick! One of my problems, and this is really annoying, is that whenenver I try to read I get motion sick. it's getting better, but I'm still limited to 15 min. intervals! Talk about a bummer. anyway congrats! who knew we'd be pregnant together and both due in september. now you just need to move to utah, well a girl can hope.

Nancy said...

This is quite the communication pick-up! Yeah! Right on, it seems that most of the gals in our grad class are having a baby this year (at least all those I keep tabs on). Not that it makes yours any less significant, mostly becuase it is your first! Wahoooo. Good luk to your hubby with the boards. Yikes! Anyhoo, I need more general updates as to life in Arkansas.

Hedderg said...

Yea! I am so glad you started a blog! Sorry about feeling icky, it's the worst ever! I am so excited for you and Rob, and for my kids to finally have some Glade cousins!

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

Mel! I so proud of you for joining us. As for the extra free time due to a stressed out/ over worked husband I can sympathize! Why do you think I started a blog, and we don't even have kids!
Congrats!!
love you!
Bex

Charisa and Trent said...

Hooray!!!! I love that you're going to have a baby!!!!!! I almost called you earlier today too, I should have followed that feeling.
I LOVE YOU!!!