Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Conversation At the Doctor's Office

So at my check-up this morning, I was seen by the Nurse Practitioner. She asked how I've been feeling, etc. I told her that the nausea has come back full force (yes, it's true; I feel like I'm in the midst of first trimester all over again), and could she recommend anything? She replied that the best thing to take had a tendency to turn people into zombies, and they don't like giving it to women who are still working (yeah, like it's safer to be a stay-at-home mom watching a 2-yr-old, and feeling like a zombie?!!). She asked if I can just deal with it. I said, "Yes, I just don't feel like eating anything". And she replied, "It's okay, you don't have to eat; your baby will be fine and still grow".
I guess my maternal instincts just haven't kicked in yet, because I was sitting there thinking, 'It's not the baby I'm worried about; it's ME!'

3 comments:

kristin said...

That stupid. You should have demanded a doctor! Have you ever tried rubbing peppermint oil on your belly? I know it sounds hokey and you probably don't need another suggestion...but it really worked with my pregnancy nausea. Let me know if you're interested I have some:)

Keep up the good work, maybe he will just be the most well behaved child ever to walk the earth!!

kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charisa and Trent said...

I love you. it was so good to talk to you the other day. I hope today wasn't so painful. :o)